Before anything else, Happy 2015 to all of you!
A new year always excites me. I feel like I’m always on square one and starting off with a clean slate (but carrying with me lessons & experiences from the past year) which is why I’m pretty inspired as well to kickstart a series of posts I’ve been working on for the blog. That, and my writing skills are definitely being tested here, lol. NGL, it’s one challenge I’m willing to take!
I always take photos of my work in progress, so I guess this encouraged me to come up with a Sneak Peek section where you’ll get to see what posts will be up this coming month. Not to spoil you guys or anything, but these are just some of the topline posts you’ll be seeing this January (my birthday month!).
- Travel diaries. Expect a lot of backlog stories I’ll be sharing from Life in Transit (part 1 here) and my recent trip to Kyushu, Japan. I’ll also sneak in some photo diaries of adventures and explorations in between.
- Weapons of Mass Creation. I’ve posted a lot about this already over the years but since everyone’s been asking (guys, do you mind checking my FAQ as well?) and I’ve recently done quite a bit of a haul over the holidays, I’m sharing an updated post of the materials I use & books I read to further enhance my skills with hand lettering.
- Workshop Schedules. So I’ve decided to hold a lot of workshops this year (due to popular demand!) – but the schedules are still subject to finalization. I’ll post one by end of the month so y’all can participate! I’m making sure March, April & May will be heavy months for workshops since it’s summer for most of you guys.
- New Year Essentials. I’ve been doing some cleaning this week and I’ll be sharing some notebooks and tools I’ll be using to keep my goals and objectives on point for 2015 – hopefully, it will help make your year extra awesome, too!
- Tips on Journaling. While there’s no definite way to do journaling, I’m letting you in on some tips I’ve acquired while doing my own fair share of travel illustrations (view my work here and here) and writing (on my personal travel journal) over the past years. Totally not expert advice (hello, I am no expert), but I’m hoping you’ll learn a thing or two about the process and how you can adapt it to your own creative endeavors.
- Birthday Giveaway. I’m turning 22 this January 14, and I’m hosting a small giveaway as a way of saying thanks for all the support over the years. Stuff in the loot will be some lettering materials and a few goodies I got for you guys! More on that when I post the giveaway details on my birthday week.
- And of course: Traveling Type. Back to the daily grind, folks! If you would like to avail of Traveling Type (a collaborative postcard set designed by Mikka & I), the shop will be open starting next week.
I presume everyone’s still on vacation mode today? Because I am – I ended up sleeping more than 8 hours since yesterday, and as much as I told myself I needed that rest, I need my wake up call to get back to work, because deadlines are creeping up once again for me.
How’s the first two days of 2015 for you guys? Hope it’s doing swell!