If there’s one thing I’m (finally) learning to accept this month, it would be that change is hard.
But if you think about it, change is always good. And I’d rather stick to the latter mindset than dwelling in the fact that change is hard (because if I do, I won’t accept it, and I’d get defeated anyway).
Things change. People change. Feelings change. Priorities change. Dreams change.
Oops, don’t get me wrong – my dreams have always been the same. I guess it was more about determining the direction of my dreams that changed this month. February was an eye-opener in so many aspects, that’s for sure. And from constantly saying “this is enough for me, for now, and the struggle will be worth it” – I’m telling myself that “I should move forward and accept the challenge, because it will be worth it.”
Here’s a recap of February (and feelings) + a few announcements.
1. (Hardcore) Working Weekends. My weekdays are preoccupied with [the last few days of office] work, and most weekends end up being (a) social events and (b) LOTS of ABC work. Not fun. Much stress.
- I tagged along the YS Open Call last Saturday to accompany my friends (g’luck Ber and Tricie!) for their application at EDSA BDG (nice place, good coffee = A+). I got to see Maine again (we’re coincidentally always seeing each other this month for events, LOL), so plus points!
- I also spent that day at I Know Write MNL‘s anniversary event, where I got to hang with young girls (am I that old?!) and give a talk about blogging with fellow speakers/bloggers Marla, Reese & Arriane. I super love the intimate gathering + the organizers were such cuties. I don’t particularly like to show up at specific events but I knew that these girls were passionate and creatively driven – which really made me block off an afternoon for them. :)
2. Etcetera. (wow, so original? Haha)
- Tricie gave me a copy of Humans of New York (for my birthday – worth the wait though!). I remember holding onto a copy during Life in Transit at one of the bookstores in Singapore (like, that was the first thing I held on to while looking for books) but decided on (sadly) not purchasing it (because I ended up getting some of these art books). Imagine my surprise that she actually remembered. Huhu. #truefriend
- I’m currently taking over Suelas’ Instagram account (@suelasonline). You’ll be seeing a bunch of my daily whereabouts and adventures this week, so check it out! And fortunately for me, I’m getting myself more involved with mobile photography and the outdoors (thanks to this). Check out the #ABCforSuelas hashtag to view my posts.
- Is it just me, or I’m itching for summer to come already?! I need my beach fix pronto. But I need to go on a diet first because I’m technically not beach-ready AT ALL (ha, the stress eating struggle is real). Anyway, adventures are pretty exciting for me this summer (yes, squeezed them in despite my weekend workshops, lol). Can’t wait for March.
3. Team ABC Applications.
Oh hey – yes, I’m finally working on this!
As you guys mostly know, I am a busybody slash aspiring superwoman slash persistent type A go-getter. And I am finally claiming that I cannot do things alone (with all of the daily tasks I have to keep up with).
I’m opening applications for Team ABC this coming Saturday. This is basically an internship + mentorship program catered to young girls (16-21 years old) who are looking to gain experience in lettering, blogging, brand building and project management and production (among others) through working with me.
My work ranges from client servicing, project management, creative conceptualization and everything in between (yes, I try to survive, but apparently now, I can’t). This program is a way for me to reach out to selected girls and help them in honing their own field of specialization and at the same time, train them through being hands on with the work that I do.
I’m excited / scared / nervous for this endeavor, so I’m thankful that Tricie will be helping me out on this (in case you’re wondering, she oversees and manages my ABC work + fixes my life sometimes) and we’ll be creating a substantial program for the people we’ll be recruiting for the team. More on that on my next post!
* * *
March looks promising. I have a few more things I’d like to share but I don’t want to jinx it yet.
How’s it been for you? Any plans for the summer? February going good so far? I’d love to know. :)
Enjoy the last few days of February!