First and foremost – hi, I’m alive!
While I did mention early on that my blog is currently MIA for the month, life’s been getting its take and while I’m in the process of driving myself crazy (with everything that is happening), I guess it’s better for me to really write them down and spend more hours trying to articulate life and slowly take everything in first.
Next month will be better around here content-wise because I have interns for Team ABC (yay!) to help me sort out the calendar and strategize on posts.
Anyway, that’s not the point. The point is, it’s already halfway through the month and it feels like things are starting to get into good shape (except I haven’t started on my diet yet..as per usual, LOL).
Here’s how March has been so far.
Learn by ABC x Sunday Paper
I greeted the first weekend of March with a workshop in collaboration with Sunday Paper. I first discovered the brand late last year – and it’s amazing how I’ve been able to connect with AJ (who runs the shop) a lot in terms of work ethics & directions in life (there is such terminology?!). So this year, our first collaboration is this workshop (more to come!) and the turnout was really great. Special thanks to Scarsdale for hosting the venue, Ber for being our resident photographer for the day and Jelvin for helping out (check his IG, guys, it’s amazing)!
I can’t belt out exact details about this YET, but last Friday I had a shoot for a brand (coming out this summer, agh) which involved me talking about art, basically, and my process, and the fact that yes, it takes time.
Aside from getting all nervous for the interview (how can you not – with all the crew and producers practically staring at me at that moment?!), the production design and set-up of the venue though: SPOT ON (we shot at O2 Space in Makati). Let’s just say that it feels awkward and surreal to be called a “talent” and to be given that much attention in a shoot.
Although, I did find myself geeking out when the producer, art director and videographer would document my work process (I spazzed over the macro lenses and A+ footage lol). Also, I may have stepped into my dream studio that day. It gives me hope that one day I’ll get to transform my attic into something as beautiful as where we shot the video, lol.
The Road to ABC, Chapter 1
Honestly, last weekend was a bummer for me – I got sick, I was completely exhausted with the heavy load of projects I’m working on 24/7, and I found myself in the midst of getting burned out (NOT COOL). But this week definitely turned things around, and pushing myself to have a positive mindset of things really helped (+ manager’s advice which never ever fails to make me feel better).
That, and I had a meeting last Friday for #theroadtoabc, and as much as deadlines were already set (whew, much longer than I expected, fortunately), the pressure is extreme!
For the meantime, research duties commence. Got these books from Macy & Koko for reference. First deadline’s coming up, agh!
Weeks 1 & 2, Basically
Random tidbits in a collage just ’cause.
1. Meeting selfie with my webmaster, Mary (who’s helping me out again for #theroadtoabc woot!)
2. First decent meal this March at La Creperie c/o Martine (thanks for the treat!)
3. Sunday planning for Team ABC with Tricie (#bestmanager)
4. Light + shadow drama from last Friday’s shoot
5. Ocular duties at Local Edition and currently loving this beautiful installation
6. A concoction of mangoes, bananas and soy milk during my sick week to cure my bad stomach
7. ED SHEERAN IN MANILA, aka, my voice almost cracked because he was so amazing live (so much respect for you, Ed) and I got to catch up with my childhood best friend, Den
8. Jelvin‘s brush lettering on my sketch pad (I told you, he’s really good)
9. Family photo for Team ABC interviews yesterday (thanks Tricie and Trixie for helping out!). For the record, the applicants were all amazing. Y’all will find out who the ones we chose are next week!
How’s the third month of the year treating you so far? :) Hope y’all are set on your summer escapades + adventures in the coming months!
PS Announcing more workshop schedules for April and May next week! Subscribe to my mailing list for updates,